SALARY $14.70 /hr(min) - $24.09/hr (max)
OPEN to Public
CITY OF ALTUS
|Department: ||Planning Department|
|Reports To:||Planning Director|
|FLSA Status: ||Non-Exempt|
NATURE OF WORK
The Planning Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks to ensure a coordinated and efficient effort to meet the goals established by the City Council relevant to the Planning and Development Department and the essential, daily functions of the department. Work requires initiative, responsibility and independent judgment to plan, schedule and carry out required activities. Work is reviewed by the Planning Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary job function is the coordination of the activities of the Planning and Development Department to achieve the goals, objectives and actions as contained in the Altus Comprehensive Plan, Unified Development Code and other significant projects as designated by the City. Manages assigned responsibilities with competing demands, changing priorities and required time lines. Requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative while assuming more difficult tasks under direct supervision.
- Coordinates the activities and goal of the Altus Comprehensive Plan. Prepares and maintains short and long range project schedule to implement 5-year action plan. Provides information about potential funding sources relative to completion of the action plan. Prepares annual plan evaluation report.
- Coordinates Code Enforcement activities. Responsible for attending boards, commissions and committees assigned to the department. Serves as clerk and produces minutes from tape recordings. Fulfills legal documentation requirements related to actions taken.
- Serves as Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Administrator with responsibility for the preparation of grants and contracts relative to the CDBG. Processes CDBG consultant invoices and processes payments. Verifies consultant invoices against scope of work and contract and completes closeout requirements
- Maintains files on zoning ordinances, plans, subdivision plats, maps and other materials and records; compiles, records and analyzes data needed for planning and redevelopment activities; prepares and assembles reports involving statistical data and land use data.
- Maintains zoning map and departmentís Geographic Information System (GIS) program.
- Maintains department website and updates Unified Development Code as needed.
- Participates in city and other government meetings as needed to coordinate the activities of the department.
- Assists supervisor with special projects, reports, policies, regulations and record retention and performs other related duties as required or requested.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Any combination of education and experience providing skill and knowledge for successful job performance is required. Typical qualifications include:
- High school diploma with specialized course work in general office practices and two years of increasingly responsible, related experience.
- Bachelorís degree in Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Must have formal training and experience on computers with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel required and Access and GIS desired.
No supervisory responsibility required.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS, LICENSES REQUIRED
Oklahoma drivers license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Individual must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Experience and ability to prepare and process documents and reports using spreadsheets and databases. Must be able to transcribe from tape recordings with a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with the general public, property owners and developers.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to teamwork with City departments.
Must be able to sit for four hours at a time and must have eye/hand coordination.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND SAFETY CONCERNS
Generally physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, with little or no exposure to health hazards.
LAST DATE OF REVISION: July 2008