Listed below are some of the duties of the Clerk-Treasurer
in Statutory Aldermanic form of government:
- The Clerk-Treasurer is an officer of the City.
- Attend and record minutes of all Trust Authority and City Council meetings.
- Maintain all original ordinances and resolutions passed by the governing body.
- Have custody of all documents, records, contracts and archives.
- Attest and affix the seal of the city to all documents as required by law or by ordinance.
- Maintain cemetery records for The Altus Cemetery and Restlawn Cemetery and issue all cemetery deeds.
- Responsible and accountable for city funds.
- Authorized by Resolution to invest and reinvest available funds.
- Monthly investment report.
- Secretary to the Firefighters Pension Board.
- Billing for all departments other than the Utility Dept.
- Issue License fees and permits as required by Ordinance.
- Petty cash reimbursements and reports daily.
- Sign and post notification of all meeting agendas.
- Reimbursements for animal sterilization.
- Balance CARE Program and issue checks to qualified participants.
- Maintain Clerks indexing system of all minutes.
- Prepare and mail delinquent tax letters.
- Scanning daily activity reports for easy access
Itinerant occupations, trades, businesses or solicitations or for transient street vendor:
- Individual - $25.00 annually
- Group - $100.00 annually
- Boats propelled only by oars or sails on municipal reservoir - $ 2.50 annually
- Diving with self-contained underwater breathing apparatus - $10.00 annually
Coin Operated Devices:
- Vending Machine - .25 cents or more - $10.00
- Vending Machine – less than .25 cents - $3.75
- Bulk Vending Device – with more than one distribution mechanism - $10.00
- Bulk Vending Device – with a single distribution mechanism - $3.75
- (All vending machine decals are due June 30 annually)
Food Handler’s Permit:
Upon approval of the application of the health authority, a food handler's
permit shall be issued by the City Clerk/Treasurer at a fee of:
$ 6.00 - One year food handler permit
$10.00 - One year manager permit
$20.00 - Five year food handlers permit
$30.00 - Five year manager permit
Any person who has attended five (5) yearly food schools may recieve a five-year permit.
Licensing Fee Structure:
- Beer - Sale Only - $10.00 annually
- Beer - Sale and Consumption - $20.00 annually
- Mixed Beverages - $1,000.00 initially
- Mixed Beverages Renewal - $900.00 annually
- VFW Mixed Beverages, IRS Code - $500.00 annually
- Pawn Shop - $25.00 annually
- Cab - Per cab Fee - $10.00 April 30 annually
- Bowling - $5.00 per lane, minimum $50.00 April 30 annually
- Mobil Home Park - $1.00 per slot - April 30 annually